The King Kooker 1265BF3 is a high-capacity turkey fryer which can also be used to prepare poultry, veggies, and other delicious meals.
It is very popular and competitively priced (though not the cheapest option on the market). It does appear to have some quality control issues.
How serious are those issues, and are they offset by the appliance’s advantages? Let’s find out.
- 29 quart capacity cook pot, can handle up to 20 pounds
- 11 quart aluminium fry pan and basket
- Heat resistant handles are safe and easy to hold
- Cast burner is 33,000 BTU
- Built for outdoor use
- Comes with a turkey rack and a lifting hook
Easy to Assemble and Use: You can get the King Kooker 1265BF3 set up and ready to use within a matter of minutes. You just stick the burner and stand together and hook it up to the gas line. Load the safety device with the batteries, and you’re set. Cooking is easy as well. There is even a fill line in the pot to help you out.
Versatile: Whether you want to make turkey, low country boil, chicken, or just about anything else, you will find that this fryer/boiler does the trick.
Good Construction: The basket sits around 2-3 inches off the bottom, not directly on the bottom, which is important if you want your food to cook right.
Heats Up Fast: This is self-explanatory. You won’t be waiting around long for the burner to heat up, which is great.
- You can use the King Kooker 1265BF3 to prepare all kinds of delicious meals, and they do come out tasting fantastic.
- Even if you do not have much experience with turkey fryers, you should find this one easy to use, making it a perfect starter model.
- Everything you need is included with your purchase.
- You can cook a lot of food for a lot of people in this pot.
- This pot is made of aluminium. Aluminum is not as sturdy as stainless steel, and requires more maintenance.
- The timer annoys a lot of customers. It has to be activated every 15 minutes, which means you have to constantly be there attending it. There are workarounds, however, like using a piece of tape to keep it from turning off.
- The price is a bit higher than I would like, considering there are stainless steel models available for less.
What the King Kooker 1265BF3 is Best For
I would consider the King Kooker if you need the large capacity offered by the 1265BF3 and are looking for a starter model which isn’t going to challenge you too much as a beginner.
The King Kooker 1265BF3 is not the best turkey fryer I have reviewed—the price is a little steep for aluminium in my opinion, and the timer is a hassle—but it is still a good one, especially in the ease-of-use department.
So if you are looking for simplicity, versatility, and delicious results, consider giving it a try.