Are you a Prime customer on Amazon in search of an affordable top-shelf turkey fryer? One model well worth considering is the Char-Broil The Big Easy Turkey Fryer. A huge number of happy customers have left reviews for this fryer, and they are overwhelmingly positive.
Let’s take a look at the features, pros and cons so you can decide if this is the right fryer for you.
- 16-pound capacity
- Features patented infrared cooking technology
- Comes with cooker, basket, meat thermometer, touch handles, drip tray, rotary ignition, lifter, and quick start cooking guide
- 16,000 BTU propane burners
- Also comes with leg racks and a kabob kit as a bonus (this is an added $25.98 value)
- Optional 22-piece accessory kit is available to enhance your purchase
Ease to Use: There are only two control knobs on the entire device. You use one to light the burner and the other to turn on the cook pot. It does not get simpler than that.
Amazing Versatility: This is so much more than just a turkey fryer. It can also be used to prepare chicken, beef, ribs, and much, much more. If you buy the optional accessory kit, you can literally cook just about anything in your Char-Broil fryer.
Fast and Even Cooking: Char-Broil’s patented TRU infrared technology cooks your food through evenly so there are no cold spots. Additionally, this speeds up the cooking process since you do not have to wait for oil to heat up.
- This set is relatively inexpensive and includes some awesome accessories. If you want even more accessories, you can buy them and add almost endless functionality to your fryer.
- The infrared technology does an awesome job heating up food quickly and thoroughly.
- With the drip tray, you can make gravy to enhance your recipes.
- This model is very easy to set up and use, ideal for beginners as well as advanced users.
- Multiple users said their food was not cooked through evenly. The vast majority of buyers did not report this however, and I had no issues with the model I tested.
- The capacity may not be high enough if you need to prepare food for larger parties.
- The Char-Broil The Big Easy Turkey Fryer is only available for Prime members.
What the Char-Broil The Big Easy Turkey Fryer is Best For
While there are higher-capacity models out there, this fryer is more compact, making it a great option if you have limited space. Because it uses infrared heating, you also might consider it if you are on a diet and want to avoid the extra calories which come from cooking in oil. It is also a great all-around fryer which I would readily recommend to any chef.
All in all, this is one of the best all-around turkey fryers I have had a chance to review. I am delighted by its ease-of-use, the infrared technology, and the extra accessories like the drip tray and kabob kit. The price is also incredibly reasonable. It is a shame it only seems to be available to Prime members right now—so if you are one and are in search of the perfect fryer, take advantage!